Hidden under layers of socks, stockings and heavy boots, it is all too easy to neglect our feet during the winter months when, in fact, falling temperatures, drier air, stockings and closed-toe shoes all mean feet suffer during the colder months.
To prevent that awful and all-too public unveiling of nasty feet at your yoga class or during a trip to the beach, follow this evening ritual at least once or twice a week. It can all be done in front of the TV so you can treat your feet while catching up on The Voice or Masterchef…
1. Soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes. If you’re feeling particularly generous, throw some bath salts in too.
2. Apply a thin layer of Silky Foot Peel all over your feet and soles and work it into the skin until it peels off. This peel effectively exfoliates dead skin cells and eliminates dryness by uniting the powers of salicylic acid and pumice powder. It’s your best defense against callouses and roughness.
3. Rinse your feet thoroughly and dry them with a towel
4. Spray Callous Free Dry Oil all over your feet and massage gently until absorbed. You can also use this oil on your elbows and knees if they are feeling particularly dry.
5. Slather Multi Active Foot Cream all over your feet. This wonder-cream combines ingredients like tea tree oil, orange oil, shea butter, salicylic acid and glycolic acid, making it antibacterial, exfoliating and moisturizing.
6. Put cotton socks on your feet to lock in the moisture and keep your toes warm!
Here at Pevonia, we call our toners ‘lotions’. Same stuff, different name (although unlike most ‘toners’ ours don’t contain alcohol). Now that’s out of the way, let’s get down to business…
The standard three-step skincare routine consists of cleansing, toning and moisturising. The ‘why’ of the cleansing and moisturising components is pretty obvious but what about toner/lotion? Do you actually know why you’re using it or are you just using it because you’ve been told to? We once heard of lotions described as, ‘a little like fabric softener for the skin’ and we think that’s a pretty good explanation! Lotions improve the look of your skin by tightening the pores, increasing circulation, controlling oil and removing dirt, oil and dead skin cells to prepare the skin for further treatment.
Our lotions are catered to specific skin types. In our essential lines we have lotions for sensitive, combination and oily skin. Beyond these have solutions for a wide range of skin concerns including rosacea, dry skin and ageing so there truly is a lotion for everyone.
TO USE: Spray onto a cotton pad and wipe onto your face and neck after cleansing. Follow with moisturiser.
Each one of our lotions contains botanical ingredients that will help your skin condition. They are free from alcohol, gentle on the skin and smell divine. Check out the whole range here.