I’ve been hearing friends from the UK talk about double masking. My friends have mixed opinions about this ‘new’ process and they’ve been asking me to give my two bits about the newest rage in the skincare industry. To give light to those who haven’t heard about double masking yet, here it is…
What is double masking?
Double masking is using one face mask directly after the other. Beauty junkies even up it to three or four masks believing they reap more benefits when they use more masks of different kinds e.g. using a hydrating mask after an exfoliating mask.
Is this something new?
No. Most luxury facial treatments are already offering the same. If not two masks, you get another benefit from a moisturiser for example.
Is it safe for your skin?
When done correctly, a double mask can do wonders for your skin. It’s what happens in between that matters. Remember to cleanse your skin thoroughly and gently to rinse off any mask residue before using another mask to avoid irritation and blemishes. Also, the more sensitive skin might get overloaded and upset with so many products that you’ve been putting on so we recommend…
Ask the experts. Sure, you can use a soothing mask after a peeling mask and it is absolutely good to hydrate after exfoliating but it would be great if you would let the professionals assess your skin before you do more than what is recommended. Therapists at Pevonia partner spas are well trained and they can provide you expert advice on your skin type and exactly what your skin needs.
Our Enzymo-Spherides Peeling Cream is a firm favourite among Pevonia fans. It’s like a facial in a jar – eliminating impurities, blackheads, dead cells, sebum, and toxins to leave you with softer, brighter and clearer skin.
It contains Pineapple and Papaya Enzymes Spherides for deep cleansing as well as Gingko, Calendula, Chamomile, Lemon, Horse Chestnut and Arnica for calming, soothing, brightening and healing benefits. It is gentle enough to use twice a week and is the perfect way to keep your skin looking its best between spa visits.
To get the most from this product, you do need to put in a little extra effort but it is beyond worth it when you see the incredible results.
Here we take you through the steps so you can see how this extraordinary product works…
1. Cleanse and tone the skin then blot dry to remove any surface dirt, oil and makeup. This will ensure the peel is able to work deep into the layers of the epidermis.
2. Apply a layer of Enzymo-Spherides Peeling Cream all over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. It’s best to leave about half an inch around the eyes to protect the delicate skin.
3. Wet your fingers with warm water and gently work the product into the skin. You do not need much water at this stage, you’re not trying to wash the product away! At this stage the enzymes which are encapsulated in micro-spherides, are becoming active and digesting all impurities, sebum and toxins in the skin.
4. After about two minutes you will notice the product has almost disappeared from the skin. At this stage, wet your fingers again and repeat the process. This re-working will activate any left over enzymes, working deeper into the pores to cleanse.
5. Take two cotton pads moist with warm water to remove the last of the peeling cream then cleanse thoroughly to ensure any traces of enzymes have been washed away.
If you prefer a visual how-to, check out this video: