When it comes to the application of this anti-aging wonder ingredient people are still fearful. It’s time to face those fears and reap in the ingredient’s amazing benefits.
Many moons ago formulations of retinoids (and still some strong prescription variations) were known to have harsh side effects such as irritation, peeling, redness and flaking. Queue fear. However today’s formulations have vastly improved and generally speaking over the counter formulas will not cause such skin issues.
Retinol does play a huge role in anti-aging. It is still the “buzz” ingredient, the “superstar” for skin, the multi-tasking ingredient that provides endless anti-aging benefits!
It exfoliates, increases cell production and turnover, stimulates collagen production therefore decreases fine lines and wrinkles, reduces hyperpigmentation, kills bacteria, cleans pores and evens skin complexion!
So what exactly is Retinol?
It is a derivative of Vitamin A and therefore an antioxidant. It is also an extremely effective cell communicating ingredient, in other words it organises cells and tells them to behave like younger, healthier cells!
Sold yet? Follow these tips and you’ll be a retinol convert in no time…
- If you are looking to introduce retinol into your skincare for the first time it’s preferable to start using it in autumn, winter or spring as skin may be a little sensitive to sun in the summer months.
- Introduce it slowly. Start once a day, every other day initially. Allow your skin to acclimatise to it.
- For best results retinol is better used at night. This is because it’s a reparative preparation and night is a time for repair, however also partly because it breaks down in sunlight decreasing effectiveness. If you wear in the day, couple with a good SPF for best results.
- While there are many nice anti-aging creams on the market, many only improve the way your skin looks superficially and temporarily. Few beauty ingredients have actually been proven to slow down skin aging on a deeper level. But retinol creams do exactly that.
- Along with retinol’s proven anti-aging benefits, topical application can also improve pore function and, in time, pore size which also helps control acne.
- Only buy retinol products in non-transparent packaging as they will minimize or block air exposure. Note: Retinol (or all forms of vitamin A) break down and deteriorate when repeatedly exposed to air or sunlight.
- While it’s not detrimental it’s best not to use if pregnant or breast feeding.
- It’ll take a few months to really see the extent of the benefits retinol has on the skin so stick with it!
- Oily, combination, acne-prone or sun-damaged skin types will benefit the most from retinol although it will benefit all skin types when applied correctly.
- Make sure retinol is right for you! Speak to a Pevonia professional!
Now you know it all why not try the Pevonia Micro Retinol range? An easy to use 4 step range to keep skin looking porcelain-smooth and youthfully radiant.
Featuring exclusive Micro-Retinol technology that far surpasses all of the manufacturing challenges and limitations associated with this in-demand ingredient, Micro-Retinol is a micronized emulsion of retinol. This Pevonia-exclusive technology disperses tiny retinol micro-particles within the skin. Serving as an expedited delivery system, it allows immediate and easy absorption as well as targeted delivery within the deeper epidermal layers, rapidly re-stabilizing the skin’s normal function.
It smooths wrinkles, “densifies” the skin, strengthens elasticity, increases moisture, evens skin tone and pigmentation, provides radiance and glow and rejuvenates overall skin appearance.
For the month of June if you purchase the Micro Retinol Essential Moisturiser or Serum you’ll receive a full sized Micro Retinol Foaming Cleanser for FREE. Click here to SHOP NOW