This season could cause your skin to dry. It also causes our feelings to wither too.
We listed down our favorite FEEL-GOOD skincare tips for when you’re feeling (literally) down and cold.
1) Sleep. I know it’s easier said than done but believe me, sleep offers the kind of results that no face cream can do. Do your best to get seven to eight hours a night and get rid of those pesky undereye bags.
2) Snack on some vitamin C. There’s a clear connection between healthy organs and healthy skin so snacking on Vitamin C-rich food like oranges will help prevent wrinkles.
3) Massage in your moisturiser. Don’t just dab, massage. Use your ring finger to put on gentle pressure and massage your cream onto your skin in a circular motion. You’ll feel relaxed and ready to sleep afterwards.
4) Eat chocolates! They say chocolates cause acne but there’s no scientific proof so who says we shouldn’t eat up? Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants that help protect your skin, and eating a small piece will give you a satisfied, happy feeling!
5) Dance. Do you dread going to the gym during winter? That is so fine. Just play some Katy Perry and turn up the volume and do some simple aerobics or zumba to sweat. Daily session of this keeps your body active and it promises an energy boost during the day.
6) Drink up. No not on alcohol that dehydrates you. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body during winter. Not a fan of plain water? Emma Watson loves coconut water which has natural sweetness and rich in nutrients that benefit the body.
7) Spa at home. Instead of going to the movies with friends, a spa at home will be a great weekender! Invite your friends over and give each other a facial and you’ll score extra laughter.
8) Have some tea. Tea hydrates your skin cells and assists with antiaging so be sure to enjoy a steaming mug that can do wonders to your complexion.
9) Misty afternoons. By midday you’ll really feel your skin drying up no matter how much cream you put on your face. Spritz on some mist on your face to feel refreshed.
10) Enjoy a glass of vino! Red wine is packed with antioxidants that will help keep your skin healthy and protect against free radicals. Just remember to take water double the dose of your wine to make sure you don’t end up dehydrated.
11) Super almonds for super skin. Munching on almonds will help give you super skin. This naturally sweet nut is rich in omega-3 and vitamin E that keep your skin cells plump and healthy.
12) Smile. It takes more muscles to frown han to smile and I’m sure with smiling you’ll look better. You’ll feel better every time so make this a habit. 🙂
How many of these are you already doing? Do you have proven and tested “feel-good” skincare tips to share?